[tlug] OO.org MIME types update

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 03:39:09PM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

>http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2003-Nov/0016.html

I have an update on this, Debian-specific.

A little research showed there is a package, openoffice.org-mimelnk, which
provides the MIME type setup to make KDE do the right thing with OpenOffice.org
files.  Why it's not installed as a dependency when KDE is present
and OpenOffice.org is present, I don't know.  Maybe it works in Stable or
Testing.  Or maybe it's a bug but no one noticed; I suspect few Debian
users use a file manager other than the shell :-)

So, you might want to check for the existence of a SuSE package that will
handle this problem for you.  If there isn't one, the link to the suse-kde
list that I gave will probably help you out.

Also, the MIME types set up by the package are a little different than
what was posted in the list.  They don't begin with application/ but
rather with vnd, so if you have an problems, try that.  Also, they set up
MIME types for older Star Office documents (which likely doesn't matter to
you, but just FYI).

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9