Re: [tlug] SevenFilesFromOneOpnOf?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 06:57:48PM +0900, Raymond Regalado wrote:

>What I'm saying is that I can't imagine a *Windows free* corporate IT
>environment -- one that is purely Linux.  Does anyone here in this
>mailing list live in such an ideal (i.e. "Windows free") env't? ;-)

When I worked at GOL, then entire engineering department was esclusively
non-Windows.  That doesn't mean we were alls-Linux; some people were
using *BSD (I think they later all switched to Windows) or Solaris,
and one guy had a Mac (but did most of his worked logged into *nix
boxes).  After we became part of Exodus, we had to accept Windows machines
by corporate fiat, but we didn't have to actually use them and generally
didn't, except for the rare email sent to our .exodus.co.jp addresses (which
we also mostly didn't use;, the GOL division stuck to our @example.com addresses).
The rest of the company was always on Windows, except for a few people who
used Macs.

I'm sure there are some small-mid-sized businesses that are running
exclusively on Linux, but AFAIK I don't know anyone who works at such
a place.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9