Re: [tlug] SevenFilesFromOneOpnOf?

The following message was sent by Raymond Regalado <fwgk5942@example.com> on Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:57:48 +0900.

> What I'm saying is that I can't imagine a *Windows free* corporate IT
> environment -- one that is purely Linux.  Does anyone here in this
> mailing list live in such an ideal (i.e. "Windows free") env't? ;-)

i do - so not in the corp because our sys-admin is doing is job not very well (and doesn't know much about computers either...don't ask how he got his job...i know the reason but it's hard to explain...) but we could. a colleague and i duscussed often about it and it would be absolutely realizable and a not so hard task - there is only one software which maybe could be a problem (we can't test it at home) but there would be a solution for this.
at home i'm using usually suse 9.0 and try several other distributions and with my old laptop i used linux also...

(at time i do not use linux because i will move to japan in several weeks and i want to become absolutely comfortable with my new ibook - so at the laptop i'm using mac os x and when there is a way to get the graphic card bugless run under linux i will switch to linux on the ibook, too - but the x11 and the linux-possibilities are very nice and i'm thinking if the switch is necessary...
the only problem: no full functional office suit except microsofts one...even openoffice is not as functional as in linux...)

greetings

niels