[tlug] re: gentoo install

> I have attempted a `stage 3 ` ..`live cd` install,
> several times but I am getting errors after the
> blackdown jdk and before perl completes its install.

thank you for sending comments regarding my gentoo
install inquiry. I gave it another try last night and
was able to get the stage 3 and portage loaded
properly. also, kernel compiled and lilo has been
configured.

I noticed a few small but important differences b/twn
the  live cd & online install docs. After following
the online docs the result was better.

I was surprised that the kernel recompile
2.4.20-gentoo-r6 did not produce an
initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r6 file, but that appears to be
normal with this distro.    kind regards