[tlug] RedHat 7.3 kernel compile

Hi tlugers.

I have to compile a 2.4.22 kernel over redhat 7.3 I can't use any other
version of redhat, only that. When I try to do it, make menuconfig give me an
error because I need GLIBC 2.3
I tried to install it but I couldn't because I need to upgrade so many
packages by hand to make it work and I don't have time.
The redhat online update tool didn't work.
I thought to compile the kernel in another machine with RH 9 and then use it
but what to do with modules? I thought to copy the compiled modules from the
hypothetical RH9 to the RH7.3 box but that modules will never work because
libraries are out fo date, isn't it?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

-Pietro-