Re: [tlug] pattern matching

>     Susumu> but my little grep(1) do it for me with,
>
>     Susumu>  $ grep -o PATTERN file

That is exactly what I wanted! I wonder why it's take so long to be
implemented, I can't be the only person that wanted it. Although
preaching to the converted, this is a good example of the utility of
Unix (like) OS. Don't have the command you want? Write it in perl or sed
et al.

> That's handy.  I wonder when they added that ... well, it's not in GNU
> grep 2.4.2 on Mac OS X.  Debian Linux is at 2.5.1.

I found it on my desktop RH 7.3 which has FSF grep 2.5.1; but I am using
a Debian manchine.

Brett

--
Brett Robson