Re: [tlug] de-lurking with a question

    Ben> any thoughts on which would be a better experience?

Define that.  You'll learn a lot more Japanese in Tokyo.  The sushi is
better in Tsukiji, the falafels and curries in Toronto.  :-)

Work?  YMMV.  The really important issue is your supervisor and the
other people in your group.  Good people are where you find them.

Looking at the fact that Toyota and SONY spend 50% of their R&D
budgets in California, and extrapolating from the comments of the
(mostly) Tsukuba-based researchers I know, I would say the odds favor
Toronto.  NB: none of this is computer science-specific.