Re: [tlug] Tar excluding some folders

I spoke too soon.

chuck>>      tar cvzfP -X chuck-exclude /mnt/win_d/chuck.tar.gz  /home/chuck
shawn>
shawn>     tar cvzfP /mnt/win_d/chuck.tar.gz -X chuck-exclude  /home/chuck
shawn> worked for me

chuck> OK, it did for me too on the second try.

I "runs" for me, too, but it doesn't exclude the files listed the
exclusions file. I have succeeded with this the other way around--i.e.,
running off an "inclusions" file instead, so this is no emergency, but
if anyone can spot my error, it would be nice to learn from this.

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities