Re: [tlug] Enterprise Linux Support

    Scott> There's still the original one (or probably the original
    Scott> one) sorcery and a couple of its offshoots.

Heh.  Never ran BOGUS Linux (the original more-than-just-tar.gz distro
by Rik Faith et al) didja?  Best thing about BOGUS was the name of its
package management system: Package Management System.  The command
name was abbreviated in the obvious way.

I started with SLS, then shifted to BOGUS, but eventually had to give
up and go to Slackware, followed by Debian[1], because I couldn't stand
waiting for the X11 build to finish (on a 486/50MHz with GCC 2.6.3 it
took long enough that even Linux might crash in the middle).

This will probably get me censored, but for a while they had a
scheduled release of an updated distro on or about every 25th, which
of course came to be known as XXXX XXXX XX XXX XXXXX since you always
got XXX first.

Footnotes:
[1]  I have yet to successfully install Red Hat on any box, it never
recognized my network cards.  Even my Sparc, which did run RH Sparc/
Linux, was installed by John or Jim T at the Sparc/Linux Installfest.