[tlug] Is linguistics OT at all?

> <just curious if Latin is anything like Italian ;-)>

Well it is derived from Latin as is French and Spanish (not Basque though
that is entirely different).  English is of the German group.    They all
go into the family of Indo-European Languages.

> Is linguistics OT at all?  :p

Couldn't we say that both computer science and linguistics are concerned
with collections of elements and thier acceptable orderings (grammar).

I have a MA in Linguistics but regret not getting a BA in computer
science.  Anyway, the area I was concerned with was interactional
differences in first time encounters between Japanese and native English
speakers (as well as differences in academic writing).  Good nomikai topic
stuff (IMHO) if I can free myself up from family responsibilities to
attend.  I will shoot for odd months.

--
Shawn - Tokyo