Re: [tlug] Debian Ethenet

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:46:24PM +0900, Shuji SUZUKI wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> Do you know how to initialize/activate Ethenet on Debian 3.0?
>
> I had installed Debian on Desktop PC.
> But couldn't connect to the internet.
> I had done ifconfig but eth0 were not displayed...

Ok, there are several things we'll need to know.
If you don't mind, in your spare time, do take a look at a faq I made
for another Linux list at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

This list is less of a beginners list.

We'd need to know, what version of the kernel
(type uname -a at a prompt)
What kind of ethernet card

Was the card working under another O/S?

(This isn't criticism, we all had to learn these things at some point,
and all start off asking the wrong question)

It sounds more as if it's a matter of the kernel not recognizing your
card than Debian not recognizing your card.

So, if you answer the above questions, someone can probably give you
some help.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Spike: What, your Mom doesn't know?
Joyce: Know what?
Buffy: That I'm, uh...in a band. A rock band...with Spike here.
Spike: Right. She plays the-the triangle...
Buffy: Drums.
Spike: Drums, yeah. She's hell on the old skins, you know.
Joyce: (to Spike) And what do you do?
Spike: Well I sing.