Re: [tlug] [LATE Announcement] 2004 February Nomikai

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:24:07AM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 03:01:34PM +0900, Brett Robson wrote:
>
> >People often wonder why they find the letter i and j radomly through my
> >MS Word documentsjjjjjjj
>
> Hey, that happens to me all the time, too.  It's almost gotten into a
> number of my /. posts, as well :-)

When Gentoo was still new, and the majority of users were quite
experienced, it would happen a great deal.  There are various files that
need to be edited, but the only editor available on the install was
nano.

As the install from stage 1 is a rather long process, one often got to
it late at night.  Many people would have the the install die because
out of habit, we'd end our /etc/make.conf with :x or :wq! or something
else that confused it.

I was the first one to publicly admit it on the mailing list and there
were a flood of "me too" posts.  :)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6