Re: [tlug] 100mbit to the home

patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:
> Another Idea is to use TEPCO Hikari, if you are eligible (seperate house, or
> mansion Floor 1 to 3).  Seems to be the cheapest deal in town for 100M
> fibre.  You also need permission from the landlord I think, because they put
> a direct cable from the Electricity Pole into your flat.

TEPCO is said to be the fastest, also, probably because of less no. of
subscribers (less sharing).

*I heard* NTT B-Flets has a bottleneck at the concentrator, esp. on the
upload-side (less BW is allocated for sharing on the upload-side).

It is a fact that B-Flet's uses PPPoE which adds a bit of overhead.  TEPCO
or USEN's FTTH services are just ethernet with DHCP, which is easier to
set up and no smaller MTU to deal with.

Stephen