Re: [tlug] Inputting both kanji and Latin-1?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:16:01AM +0100, David Santinoli wrote:

> How do I know for sure whether my vim is Canna-ized or not?
> I started the Canna server (but not kinput2), then fired up vim in a
> Japanese locale and tried to input kanji the usual way (shift+space),
> failing.  Does this imply that Canna support is absent, and that I need
> to get the "Increase Your Vimhood" patch?

To input kanji (or kana) you would have to have kinput2 running as well.
If kinput is running but not canna, you would be able to input hiragana,
but not get any kanji.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here, but I'm
 freaked out, and I intend to stay that way.