Re: [tlug] 100mbit to the home

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:14:16AM +0100, patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:

>pay by credit card.  On the downside they seem to charge a premium for the
>english service.

It always used to be the same price as the Japanese service.  However,
I don't find charging a premium for Engish service to be unjustified in
Japan; it's far easier to provide service only in Japanese, and as a result,
businesses that target the English-speaking market are usually doing so at
a higher price point than ones targeting the general population.  I bet
that if stores like Yodobashi Camera has a Yodobashi English-Kan, you'd
pay more to shop there, in exchange for staff who spoke English and spoke
it well.

>fibre.  You also need permission from the landlord I think, because they put
> a direct cable from the Electricity Pole into your flat.

When I saw TEPCO, for an instant I was stricken with terror that they were
doing powerline networking ;-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9