[tlug] 100mbit to the home

An NTT rep stopped by the house over the weekend.  They are apparently
running some sort of campaign and are offering free installation of
100mbit fiber into the homes in my neighborhood.

Looks promising but now we are faced with the decision of which ip
vendor to sign-up with.  The NTT rep suggested bb excite among others
but I was wondering if any tluggers had anything negative to report
regarding them or recommendations for any other vendors in lieu of bb
excite?

My main requirement is that I need at least one fixed ip address and
would like something approaching moderately reasonable (preferably
symetric) bandwidth (my current ADSL connection with odn not
surprisingly is quite horrid for outbound traffic).

					  Cheers,
					  Bruce