[tlug] Re: Virus scanners

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I'm not currently in the market for one (I'm quite happy throwing all
> external bodies and attachments that don't look like diff -u output
> into /dev/null), but if I was, here's what I'd be looking for:
>
> http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Tools/Attitude/#scanners
>
> How does yours measure up?  Let me know, especially if it does well.
> I'd really like to have some I can whole-heartedly recommend to put on
> the Kudos list.  Horror stories to avoid are also welcome.

Nice, you could add the "Regionales Rechenzentrum Hannover"
(rrzn.uni-hannover.de) to the blacklist, it removes the virus, but still
sends the rest of the mail, with an added message that a virus
attachement was removed.  Of course viruses don't have anything
interesting to say in the text/plain part...

A reasonably configured amavisd is ok (although the "viruses that fake
sender" re should rather be "viruses that don't fake sender" IMHO).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!