Re: [tlug] [OT] Monitor Sync Rates

bofh@example.com wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:00:49PM +0900, Stephen Lee wrote:
>

>>Here's NEC's page for the monitor.
>>
>>http://121ware.com/support/product/data/spec/dsp/96060035-1.html
>>
>>Stephen
>>

>Thanks.
>
>I took the refresh rates from the URL that Semi gave and now have
>X running - very badly. I'm now trying to get the right video
>driver / ChipSet combination in the X config file for my
>S3 ProSavage DDR KM266 video adapter. Tim Robert's site at
>http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html has been pretty informative,
>but I'm now thinking I have the model that his driver doesn't cover...
>I'm not yet sure if XFree86 is supporting it yet or not.
>
>Still plugging away,
>
>Shawn

Just seen your posting.
I remember I used exactly the rates which were given in that NEC page,
ie 24.8-82.0 and 55-100
That worked fine for me and gave about 6 different resolutions under X
up to 1600x1200 I think.
That was using an NVidia card.

How does your video card work with other monitors?

Guy