Re: [tlug] viewing Microsoft's Japanese fonts in adobe reader

>     Shawn> How can I get Microsoft Mincho P-Gothic etc fonts to view
>     Shawn> in my adobe reader?
>
> Are you sure you want to?  Is there a reason you must use Adobe?

Just the pdf I was trying to view wouldn't display and said it was because
those fonts weren't available.

>  Encouraging you to use stolen MSFT
> fonts

Yeah well windows is on the same machine and if they want to say I need to
be using the rest of the OS to take advantage of those fonts I paid for
well...about as much merit as SCO's case I believe.

> I get fine results from both xpdf with the Japanese patches and
> (requires a fair amount of know-how to set up) gv + Ghostscript >8.0.
> I'm currently using the Kochi fonts.

xpdf works beautifully thank you for the tip on the patches.  It took less
than 5 seconds to do it via an rpm patch.

> If you must, it's trivial to set up the MSFT fonts for use with free
> apps.

I got ggv to work also but it looks horrible and you need to zoom in super
close for the fonts to be legible.

THANKS AGAIN!

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/