Re: [tlug] RedHat 7.2 -> 9 Upgrade... stuff broke

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 bofh@example.com wrote:

> The upgrade process went fine until the last reboot. Then I
> found that I couldn't ping the router and httpd wasn't
> starting up.

I had the same problem with httpd. One of the recent RH versions (8 or 9,
I forget which) made a major version change in Apache. The config files
are not compatable. While the differences are not tough to figure out (and
I believe a document is installed somewhere that explains what to do), it
*was* a fair bit of work to merge my custom edits into the new config file
template. But until you do, the new Apache daemon won't start up.

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com
http://wwwin.synopsys.com/~larabell/   Japan: larabell@?jp