Re: [tlug] top posting

I co-moderate a few beginners----ah, I don't have the nerve, I was going
to top post this whole thing but....

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 12:42:56AM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:42:35PM +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
> >I posted this on TLUG about a year ago, and it was warmly received by
> >many of the TLUG old-timers
>
> As Josh put it, that is indeed a gem. Of course, you realize the
> temptation to top-post my reply was almost overwhelming ;-)

Anyway, I co-moderate a few beginners Linux lists--there's a faq I put
together that includes, of course, a netiquette section.

One of the links in the faq goes to a faq of Godwin's which has the best
example I've seen against top posting.

Yes thanks
Cream and sugar.

>Would you like some coffee?

>How would you like it?

Of course, I did have to admire the user, who finally, at my advice, got
rid of AOL.  At that point, she sent me an email about something and I
sent her back a rather detailed one, explaining that as she was no
longer on aol and should stop top posting, as well as trim the message
to which she was replying.

She sent a reply--she'd left my original email intact, and wrote, above
it of course,

thanks for the info.

(She was being funny, not obtuse, and it did get a laugh from me.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: In order...to be worthy...you must perform the
ritual...in a tutu. Pillock!
Angel: All right, someone get the chain saw.