[tlug] RedHat 7.2 -> 9 Upgrade... stuff broke

I know RedHat stopped support, but someone I know
wants to continue using it and asked me to do the upgrade
on the spot the other day. I've mainly been using BSD the
last few years, so I'm not where I used to be with Linux.

The upgrade process went fine until the last reboot. Then I
found that I couldn't ping the router and httpd wasn't
starting up. I have to look at it again today and see if
I can figure out the network settings at least, but are there
any well-known things-that-happen [tm] with an upgrade to
RH9? Is this a common problem?

Any advice appreciated,

Shawn