Re: [tlug] LAN naming

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:21:53 -0800
Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> wrote:

> Yup, that's why I go for really clear names, like gateway.osaka.example.jp,
> so there can be no mistake what it is,

That's probably a good rule of thumb, in any case.
There is the issue of non-English and/or hard-to-spell
words, however. You'd be surprised at the number of
people who can't find something with "laszlo" in it. :)
And if the gateway was to oosaka or ohsaka...?
A better example would be, ohno or oono as opposed to ono,
where 大野 and 小野 are both common.

--
Tony Laszlo
irc://irc.freenode.net/issho