Re: [tlug] mbox, MH, maildir?

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 08:44, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

>     PZ> I prefer the maildir.
>     PZ> If the mbox get corrupt you can loose all. With maildir you
>     PZ> can get some files corrupted but not all.
>     PZ> If you receive a lot of emails, just really hundreds and all
>     PZ> them are of few kbytes, so you may have to worry about the
>     PZ> file system that best respond to this kind of storage.
>
> But maildir must be slower to search or index, no?
that depends on the indexing.  On mailbox index must be complete on
MailDir if indexing is subj or header only it could be quicker (if file
I/O doesn't kill you (which it probably will).  It all depends on how it
is handled.

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+