Re: [tlug] RE: getting back on track [ was RE: introductions ]

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 03:27  PM, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> ...  If I were them, I'd be handing out free or very cheap
> copies of RH Entreprise products to universities all over the place and
> also giving free versions of it to sysadmins and the like to try out.

Actually, they are:  $25 for a desktop, $50 for a server:
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/industries/education/indiv/
They've got reasonable rules on who qualifies, too.  I emailed them
about our college here in Miyazaki, and we wound up buying some copies
(beats XP pricing, and still get support).  As a student, fac, staff of
a school, you can buy, too.

Larry Stanbery, RHCE
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662