Re: [tlug] getting back on track [ was RE: introductions ]

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 09:19, Alfred Rodriguez wrote:
> i realize that, and at the moment, im busy checking the new releases of
> the distributions out there - lindowsOS, turbolinux, mandrake. any
> suggestions?
>    * maybe when i have become more proficient should i try slackware
Debian and Gentoo are popular (I would skip Turbo its a dying distro)
Some here will also suggest BSDs :)

> as of getting back on track...
> my plan as of now is to use VMWare to host three different systems -
> RedHat Server (Shrike), Turbolinux10D (desktop), and Mandrake 9.2. if
> time permits, i plan on installing Apache 2.0 and/or Oracle on the
> RedHat system. with a 2.4GHz Pentium, and 1.5GB of RAM; i guess it would
> be ok (i think)
>
> hhhmmm... based on these, i would appreciate if any1 could comment.
> violent reactions anyone?
Oracle in VMware???? please let us know how it goes.

David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+
Nihon Libertec
dblomber@example.com