[tlug] Verio/NTT (was: smoothwall/pppoe/ocn)

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:12:14 +0900 scripsit Norman Diamond:

> Due to never having enough time I've mostly been a lurker on this list for
> the last few years, but when seeing someone contract with Japan's biggest
> spam operator I had to get off my ass.  (Wait a minute, I am still on my
> ass writing this e-mail.  Well, something like that.)

Hehe - talk to me about that :)

Although, to Verio's credit, thzy *are* booting the spam gangs off their
networks now. It took a whole mass of SPEWS and SBL listings to get them to
move their collective rear end, but things are moving. One of the guys
running the abuse desk posts regular kill notifications to NANABl and these
kills are confirmed. The number of SBL listings for verio has gone down from
about 120 (nearly half of them on the ROKSO register) to 13 with only one
ROKSO.

The only Japanese ISP I've been having problems with is freebit.net.

Oh, and the most widely blackholed spam operations nowadays are
wholesalebandwidth.com, cogent.com, Genuity/PSI, Verizon, Level3,
UUNet/WorldScum/MCI/Whatever_they're_calling_themselves_today,
nac.net, most of France, LACNIC areas, the whole of China.

That's just for starters :)

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.23)