Re: [tlug] Linux on Sony vaio PCGZ1RGP

On 1/6/2004, "jeraldweinstein@example.com"
<jeraldweinstein@example.com> wrote:

>Looked on the net and did not find any information related to this
model.
>Wonder how debian would be on laptops?

I think it really depends on what kinds of devices the laptop is built
with.

If you'd like to do a Debian install, you could give it a run through with
a standard Woody or Sarge installation disk, and if you ended up with too
many problems in hardware recognition, you could try installing Debian with
an installer like Mepis. From what I've seen, there's very little chance
that Mepis won't recognize every single device on your system.

>How about other distros?

I guess a lot could be said here, but I'll wait on others.

Chuck