Re: [tlug] Linux on Sony vaio PCGZ1RGP

RH 9 works on the Z1A, if that's of any use (see http://www.linux-laptop.net/
for more details).

Debian works well on most notebooks.  It (Debian Sid) installed flawlessly on
my Thinkpad 600X and works great, you could give it a shot on the Vaio and
see.  Start with a Woody install and point your app sources at Testing or
Unstable, and you're good to go.  I favor alternative installers that support
other kernels and filesystems.  Using one, I installed Debian with reiserfs
on my Thinkpad.

Jonathan