Re: [tlug] yahoo messenger

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 06:24:01PM +0900, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> Did you get yahoo messenger running on Linux?
> there was some trick to getting the YM client going.
> I use Gaim now, however.

I was running it over a year ago, but switched to Everybuddy and then
Gaim so I could use multiple IMs.

The one problem both Jonathan and I had was with voice on Yahoo since
their Linux client doesn't (didn't?) support it. I managed to run the
Windows version on Wine and got video, but no sound. Didn't play with it
after that.

Lately, I've heard of a project called Gyach which makes voice messaging
with Yahoo possible, though haven't tried it yet. Volunteers? It's
available somewhere on Sourceforge/Freshmeat.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
Sr.System Administrator