[tlug] Re: xjdic collywobbles

jeraldweinstein@example.com wrote:
>> I was wondering if Kiten (which is currently installed and using both Edict and Kanjidic)
>> would conflict with the stand alone "xjdic"?  I would think not.

I doubt it. Unix apps only conflict with each other if they do things
like use files with the same names.

>> But there many be more than one installation of some of these files...

????

>> As for xjdxgen, I can't seem to find it.  It is missing.  I am thinking it is
>> because of a permissions error when I installed xjdic with "make all" or something.

Try "make clean", then "make all" again. If there's no xjdxgen binary,
it will make one.

>> I have two users I can log into my KDE desktop.  One of these users is "UTF-8" japanese and the other is not.

Should make no fifference.

>> I need to get these straightened and then reinstall xjdic, I think.

Well, try the make clan/all I suggested.

>> I did find .xjdicrc.skel, but only after poking around in nearby directories from the one the
>> "find .xjdicrc" results.

The skeleton should have been wherever you unpacked the tgz.

One day I'll work out how to drive configure and set up a proper
installation process that way.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554