[tlug] est & utc

hi,

i have for a few days a little problem with my pda running linux (zaurus sl-5500g, modified sharprom 3.1): the time shows nearly always the utc-time.
when i go to the settings where i set up the time in the gui it shows me there the correct time but the "date"-command and the clock of the gui itself shows me the utc-time.
when i reboot the time changes to est (the time i want) and a few minutes later it changes suddenly to utc again.
does anyone has an idea what the problem could be?

greetings

niels