Re: [tlug] Next Distro

> SuSE is a rather good distribution and can recommend it to everyone.

Does SuSE have Opteron support?

I don't really need an answer and am just mentioning it to point out that
one advantage of Fedora is letting outside developers more easily make
contributions such as Opteron support.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5112820.html

Of course the verdict is out on stability but we can hope that good stuff
will come out of the project that may end up in SuSE and elsewhere if it
is not stable enough under the whole Fedora distro scheme of things for
people to really want to use it there.

> the only way to start a running mediaplayer with SuSE9.0 will be a
> download of mplayer (not longer included) or a self-compile from a

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw something on the Fedora list about the
included version of XXMS not playing MP3 due to licensing issue and that a
different version was required.  As to whether that was really acurate or
not...not using Fedora so...
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/