[tlug] cp problem in gentoo install

Hi,
I am doing gentoo install (GRP install). I get the following error while
copying packages from cd-2.

cp -a  /mnt/cdrom/packages /usr/portage/packages

cp: reading /mnt/cdrom/packages/all/acl-...tbz2 : Input/output error

getting this message for quite a few packages.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Sanjay

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for
theintended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.  Thanks