[tlug] Question on RAID

Hi,
 I am implementing a Software RAID (level 1 -mirroring)  for a server,
using two hard disks. Is it necessary that we put boot partition on  a RAID
partition?

I have currently set /home, / and /var on raid partitions.  Purpose is to
provide availability for, ftp documents uploaded for users,  ftp software
as test setup.

All suggestions welcome.

Sanjay

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for
theintended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.  Thanks