[tlug] [Quotation of the day for November 12, 2003] (fwd)

Recently seen on my employer's internal "linux users" mailing list:

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:01:07 -0500
From: quotationoftheday_request@example.com (Quotation of the day editor)
Subject: Quotation of the day for November 12, 2003

"Evidence shows that Linux is more stable.  We are moving in general
 to where the Army is going, to Linux-based OS."

 - Lt. Col. Dave Gallop, program manager for the U.S. Army's Land
   Warrior initiative.  Land Warrior is intended to provide
   communications and networking capabilities to soldiers.  The
   previous version, using Microsoft Windows, failed reliability
   tests.
   [http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/article.cfm?Id=1238]

    Submitted by: Terry Labach
                  Oct. 28, 2003