[tlug] Re: tlug-digest Digest V2003 #240

Shawn(?) wrote:

JB>> > I intend to keep running 7.3 for a while yet, especially as there appear
JB>> > to be a few groups  setting up to keep a supply of security, etc. rpms
JB>> > going.
>>
>> Does this mean then that if I update via
>> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/redhat/9/i386 that I may be able to get security
>> patches.

Something like that.

>> Do you know where they are setting up camp?

A couple of URLs were mentioned on the RHN list. I'll go looking once
the dust settles.

>> For instance, RedHat network just sent info that coreutils is vulnerable
>> and when I use synaptic (apt front end) to check, sure enough there is an
>> updated package available.
>>
>> Of course I would lose that notification and have to check myself and also
>> would lose info on which upgrades are absolutely necessary but... I am in
>> no mood nor have the time to really switch just now and ideally those
>> groups would have a mailing list I could watch to maybe get that info.

Monash security people issue a consolidated update list each week, so I
can track that. I sure value security fixes, and am happy to pay for
them.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554