Re: [tlug]

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 04:19:06PM +0900, MJN wrote:
> I have just installed redhat and reboot then it asks me in
> terminal mode to login that is fine but then it asks for root#
> which I have no idea??? I set the config to typical server and

When you installed it required you to enter a password (and
confirm it) for the root user.

If you've forgotten it already, you can use the "rescue" mode
of the RedHat CD-ROM to reset it.  (See Chapter 9 of the Red
Hat Linux Customization Guide.)

You will probably be able to get the X Window System configured
for your machine.  The easiest way (especially for an oddball
notebook) is to use Google to search for someone that has
already done it and posted his working XF86Config file.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/