Re: Redhat Advanced Server (wasRe: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life)

Hi,
I have only the source rpms for the enterprise edition, which I downloaded
from Redhats public site for trying. How do I compile binary rpms from
source rpm without a distro to compile on?

Thanks,
Sanjay

                      "A. Sajjad Zaidi"
                      <sajjad@example.com>        To:       tlug@example.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      "A.Sajjad Zaidi"         Subject:  Re: Redhat Advanced Server  (wasRe: [tlug] Red
                      <sajjad@example.com         Hat Linux end-of-life)
                      .jp>

                      04/11/2003 04:20
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      tlug

I think you'll end up with a lot of mess if you attempt to mix packages
for the Enterprise edition with the one you already have (RedHat 9).

Either do a fresh install of the full enterprise edition or be prepared
for a lengthy process where you end up upgrading everything.