[tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life

I recently received this from Red Hat.

> Dear acmuller,
>
> Thank you for being a Red Hat Network customer.
>
> This e-mail provides you with important information about the upcoming
> discontinuation of Red Hat Linux, and resources to assist you with your
> migration to another Red Hat solution.
>
> As previously communicated, Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and
> errata support for Red Hat Linux 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 as of December
> 31, 2003. Red Hat will discontinue maintenance and errata support for
> Red Hat Linux 9 as of April 30, 2004. Red Hat does not plan to release
> another product in the Red Hat Linux line.

So now, as a Red Hat user, I am going to have to make a major
decision--between following along with Red Hat in their new course, or
taking this opportunity to perhaps try another distro. I am thinking
that at this point, I may have built up enough Linux skills to give
Debian a shot. I would be very happy if I could hear from anyone who has
a significant amount of experience with both Red Hat and Debian who
might be able to outline some of the differences in terms of demand in
technical skills for handling the two systems.

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www.h-net.org/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787