[tlug] Weird font problem - followup and a new howto

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:55:02 +0200 scripsit Godwin Stewart:

> Yet another font/locale problem on Linux...
>
> This isn't Japanese-related but TLUG'ers might have an answer.

Following up to myself a month later...

The problem has been solved - in fact it was with my copy of mozilla itself.
When I compiled it, I included the "--with-native-uconv" option when
./configure'ing it. Recompiling it without that option remedied the problem.
Don't ask me why!

The new howto is about getting Mozilla on Linux to use an external mailer.

There is a Mozilla extension called mozex which allows mozilla-1.3 and
firebird-0.6 to do just this, but this is no longer necessary because as of
about a month ago (better late than never) Mozilla includes the necessary
mechanics.

This howto page explains what to do:

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/howto/mozilla.php

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)