Re: [tlug] Notebook w/o windows

Matt wrote:

> I just have to ask. Has anyone ever seen a notebook sold cheaper without
> windows than you could get it with windows? I know I haven't.  I was
> just curious if anyone has seen this mythical beast?

If you go to Pasokon Koubou, they have a number of different types of
notebooks (and desktops) that are sold with various OS/no-OS options. If
you buy them without Windows, they are 20,000-30,000 yen cheaper. The
prices are extremely reasonable (I paid about 150,000 yen for a 2.6 GHz,
15-inch screen Clevo eight months ago), but these are not popular
name-brand machines, and they sometimes come with odd chipsets.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www.h-net.org/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787