[tlug] Gentoo and serial ATA

After all the posts mentioning ArchLinux and Gentoo I've decided to take
the plunge and try my hand at Gentoo.

However I would like to use a new serial ATA HD I just purchased, a
Western Digital WD360 (aka Raptor) that spins at 10,000 rpms. Does
anyone know if Gentoo supports serial ATA?

Also my motherboard doesn't have a built-in serial ATA controller so I
will need to buy a separate card. Does anyone have any experience with
serial ATA PCI controller cards? Can anyone recommend a particular card?

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault