[tlug] Quick follow-up on OpenOffice

The other day, I posted that OO 1.1 can transparently view and edit
Japanese documents created in Word 2000.

This does hold true for docs created with the default MS fonts.
However, for the heck of it, also played with a calligraphic TTF. In
that case, OO couldn't display it.

Also created one with Word for OSX on my wife's Mac. Same problem, OO
can't display it.

In both these cases I've done no further research.  I was wondering how
easily OO could display docs created by the more mainstream O/S's.  (I
do vaguely remember a thread here, telling how to do it, changing
something.)

I'm just passing this along in case anyone is interested.  This was more
or less an advocacy type thing--could the lazy man, switching to OSS
easily deal with docs from MS and Mac.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: She murdered a man right in front of me, and I can't
even testify to that fact in a court of law.
Cordelia: Well, maybe in night court you could...