Re: [tlug] Fedora Project.

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:36:18 +0900
marc <marc@example.com> wrote:

> if so, there should be in a near future some major restructuration in
> the Linux world, to face these new economic rules ...

I don't think it's particularly new:  OpenOffice + StarOffice, GNOME
desktop + Ximian desktop,  Mozilla + Netscape and I'm sure the list
could go on and on.  Each of these "for profit" versions appear to have
met with varying degrees of success.  It must be expensive to develop
and support completely free software.

Personally I'm going to look into switching over to Debian because of
this but good luck to Redhat and I hope they continue feeding important
high-end devlopments back into the mainstream.

--
simon colston
simon@example.com