Re: [tlug] gentoo package list

Shawn wrote:

> I was just curiously checking out the packages at gentoo
> (http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/pkgs/index.xml) and wonder if there is a
> better way to do this.  I don't really know which category my packages
> fall into so hate having to do it by category.

There's a searchable interface (in a very early phase of development,
but usable): http://gps-linux-lamer.com. The advantage over the dynamic
listing at the main website you used lies in the comments to individual
packages that people can add. This used to be what happened over at
http://stable.gentoo.org, but that project is dead as the proverbial
flightless bird.

Cheers
Ulrich Plate