Re: [tlug] Mail Server

> I'm not clear on what you think the QMail's license is but it is a
> very different animal from the BSD license which is the least restrictive
> OSD license I am aware of.
>
> --Matt
QMails license is much like BSDs except redistrbution is only allowed in
source code form.  being a lot of people I know abore source code (no
accounting for the taste of some people) they will not touch QMail with
a ten foot pole.  Also QMails source must be distyributed (without
modification) making it where you have to apply the patches for any
security issues by yourself (so what is what I think but still I see
some hostility toward QMail for these parts of its license.

Many of the installations QMail has on the internet are nothing more
than scripts that download and compile it for you. (some handle the
patches to varying points.) actually I only use QMail for a few
customers that use it because they told me it was more secure but that
they didn't have the inhouse skill to install it (strange but true) I
use Sendmail at home but am moving my servers over to Postfix.

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+