Re: [tlug] Mail Server

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:51:37AM +0900, Blomberg David wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 21:28, Matt Doughty wrote:
> >
> > I would submit that the supposed higher security of QMail, at least in
> > relation to postfix, is little more than urban myth.
> >
> > --Matt
> postfix forwards the local subnet by default QMAIL forwards nothing by
> default (I Win)

You must be joking. Defaults doesn't security make.  If you aren't
compentent enough to properly configure a service like an MTA then
your problems are a bit larger then forwarding the local subnet.

In regards to security of the products (ie security holes, design flaws, bugs)
qmail isn't any more secure than postfix.  Both were built from the ground
up with security in mind, and both have succeeded admirably. So quit being
a Qmail fanboy eh?

--Matt