Re: [tlug] [Kind of OT] CompactFlash cards

And Thus Spake Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com> (on Tue, 30 Sep 2003
21:20:31 +0900):

> I don't know why you don't reformat it with your camera.

Because the camera's crap and it bails out whenever it's fed a CF card not
to its liking.

> Anyway, I happen to have an 8Mb also.
>
> fdisk -l gives this:
>
> Disk /dev/hde: 2 heads, 32 sectors, 245 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 bytes
>
>    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/hde1   *         1       244      7792    1  FAT12

Ah, yes. I was forgetting the wasted cylinder at the end.

> Tell me if you need more info.

Could you also mail me the output of:

# dosfsck -v /dev/hde1

TIA!

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)