Re: [tlug] Quick update on the OpenOffice 1.1 issue

Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> さんは書きました:

>  -that is shft+space produced an input box and I was able
>> to input Japanese without problem.
>
> Yes that works fine for me under RH9, the problem is after inputing
> hiragana, then hitting space twice to bring up the box with all the
> kanji choices (instead of hitting space once and using arrow keys to
> loop through them), then that is only when the problem appears.

Does it help if you add the following to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Kinput2?:

    !! Don't give input focus to the windows of kinput2, they don't need input focus
    !! it just causes problems if they get input focus.
    !!
    !! For example, if you use kinput2 with Canna and open the 'auxShell' window
    !! by pressing the 'insert' key a window pops up where special symbols
    !! can be selected. If this window gets focus, the selected symbol will not
    !! appear in the application until the application gets focus again. This is
    !! quite confusing.
    !! And there are even some applications where the selected symbol will never appear,
    !! not even when the application gets focus again. Gvim currently behaves
    !! like that and XIM in Gvim may even become completely unusable after one of
    !! the kinput2 windows got focus, making it necessary to restart Gvim to be able
    !! to use XIM again.
    !!
    !! I found no reason why one of kinput2's windows should need input focus.
    !!
    *SeparateConversion.input: false
    *selectionShell.input: false
    *auxShell.input: false

I added that long ago to the Kinput2 app-defaults on SuSE Linux
because it caused severe problems when these extra windows could get
focus. As described in the comment, for some applications it was just
inconvenient when these windows could get focus and everything
continued normally when the the Kinput2 windows lost focus again.  But
there were other applications, where the Japanese input because
completely messed up when such a Kinput2 window got focus and as far
as I remember, some applications (including OpenOffice) often crashed
in that case.

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@example.com>